If you are having a hard time losing weight, it might be your poor eating habits and lifestyle that are slowing down your metabolism. Fortunately for you, there are some simple things you can do to kick your metabolism into high gear and start shedding the pounds.
- Get more sleep– Research has shown that lack of sleep can make you hungrier. Experts recommend 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night.
- Wake up earlier– Waking up earlier will help you make better choices when it comes to your breakfast – the most important meal of the day. By skipping breakfast, you are missing the opportunity to jump start your metabolism
- Get off the couch– You should strive to work out every single day, even 30min a day will help boost your metabolism, and burns calories. (Also, don’t forget to weight train)
- Don’t skip any meals– Eating 5-6 small meals a day keeps your energy up and your body working all day.
- Drink your H20– drinking water is not only good for your body and skin, but it can also help you shed those pounds. If your body is dehydrated it tricks your brain into thinking you’re hungry, and no one wants to eat empty calories on a candy bar when all your body really needed was a nice cold glass of water.
- Spicy foods are your friends– By raising your body temperature with foods such as chili peppers, cayenne peppers, or jalapeños, you your body has to burn more energy to keep your body in balance.