Why the Face Ages
As we age, our bodies and minds experience a wealth of changes: we become wiser, more certain of ourselves, and confident in our abilities. At Novopelle Med Spa, we believe in the wonders that life can bring us with age. When it comes to our faces, though, most of us wish we could hold onto our youthful exuberance for a bit longer. Fortunately, cosmetic treatments are far more advanced than they used to be, and there is a wide variety of ways that we can prevent premature aging. In order to decide the best prevention method or treatment plan, it is important to understand what causes premature aging in the face. Facial aging is caused by both external factors, internal factors, and certain habits. Some of the external factors that cause facial aging include:
- Sun exposure
- Low humidity
- Airborne allergens
Some of the internal factors that cause facial aging are:
- Foreheads expanding as hairlines recede
- High stress levels
- Tip of nose drooping because of nasal cartilage weakening
- Hyaluronic acid levels in the skin decrease, causing the fat in the upper face to lose volume with age and the lower face to gain volume, creating a sagging effect
- Skin producing fewer cells leading to less fibroblast activity
- Dermis becoming thinner with age
Some of the habits that lead to facial aging are:
- Poor sleep routine
- High sugar intake
- Frequent squinting
- Drinking out of a straw
- Avoiding lotion use
- Making repetitive facial expressions
- Drinking excessively
Can We Prevent Aging?
If you read the aging triggers above, you’ll see that some of them are not preventable, but some of them are, like drinking out of straws. Using straws a little bit less can help our skin and help the turtles – double win! Below are some other steps you can take to help slow the aging process:
- Get enough sleep
- Eat plenty of omega-3 fatty acids
- Drink enough water (about eight glasses a day)
- Get plenty of B, C, D, and E vitamins
- Be mindful of carb and sugar intake
- Decrease sodium intake
- Build muscles
- Get plenty of aerobic exercise
- Maintain gut health with probiotic-rich foods
- Participate in stress-controlling activities like yoga
- Keep your brain active through stimulating activities
- Protect your skin from the sun with sunscreen – SPF 30 or higher
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and tanning beds
- Quit smoking
- Avoid repetitive facial expressions
- Establish a solid daily face cleaning routine, especially after working out
- Use a facial moisturizer daily
- Avoid products that sting the skin
Get Some Extra Anti-Aging Help
Even if you are diligent about your skincare, we are all prone to facial aging, and there’s no shame in asking for help. Novopelle Med Spa has the help you need, offering four different anti-aging treatments that can be used to improve facial skin:
We offer a revolutionary prescription drug therapy that gives you all the benefits of human growth hormones, but without the risks and side effects. This therapy stimulates the pituitary gland to naturally produce increased amounts of human growth hormone, which has amazing benefits for your metabolism and cellular growth that can be reflected in your face’s youthful appearance.
If you are looking for a non-surgical anti-aging procedure, laser skin tightening might be the one for you. This procedure reverses the signs of aging by contracting collagen proteins. It temporarily damages the upper layer of the skin, but don’t let this scare you off. When new cells form during the healing process, you will find smoother, tighter, younger-looking skin underneath.
Even though a plasma ION requires no surgery, it yields the same results as traditional surgery for many patients. These lifts utilize plasma technology to generate a special type of heat to the epidermis that causes contractions, healing, and effective results. Patients see improved elasticity and smoothness of their skin.
Other Skin Rejuvenation Treatments
In addition to our anti-aging treatments, we offer a variety of other services in our skin lounge that can help you put your freshest face forward. Many people are unaware that regular professional skincare can be the solution to common skin problems. Our treatments can help treat wrinkles caused by sun damaging and aging, remove environmental purities from the upper layer of the skin, reduce age spots, minimize pore size, even out skin tone, increase blood circulation, promote collagen production, and much more. When you visit us for your appointment, we will walk you through these options and make sure you receive the treatment that will help you reach your skincare goals.
Ready to begin your anti-aging journey? Call Novopelle Med Spa at (888) 429-7055 or contact us online to learn how we can help.