Learn About the Early Signs of Aging and How to Prevent Them
It is easy to ignore the aging process until it has already begun. The aging process is natural, and those of us who get to grow old are fortunate to do so. However, some people would like to prevent visible aging from affecting their self-esteem, and we are here to help them do just that. While there are plenty of steps you can take to combat the signs of aging once it begins, you can also take some simple preventative measures to stop the process from happening in the first place.
The first signs of aging usually become visible as early as age 25. This is usually the time when fine lines and wrinkles appear on the surface of the skin, and loss of volume and elasticity start to take a toll. These signs are typically subtle at first, but with the proper steps, we can help stop them in their tracks. When you start to notice the first signs of aging, they will likely appear in the following forms:
- Gaunt hands
- Inflammation or hyperpigmentation of the chest
- Dry or itchy skin
- Hair loss
- Wrinkles and sagging skin
You do not have to wait until you notice these signs to start using anti-aging products. In fact, experts recommend taking anti-aging steps as early as your 20s. That sounds great, but if you do not know the source of the signs of aging, you might not know where to start. According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, most causes of skin aging are related to sun exposure. This tells us that staying out of the sun and taking precautions to protect the skin when you do go in the sun is one great way to prolong your youthful radiance. The best ways to protect your skin from the sun include:
- Use sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30 every day, even if it is cloudy or overcast. This will help block 97% of the sun’s harmful UVB rays.
- Choose a broad-spectrum sunscreen that protects against UVA and UVB radiation. You want to do this because both UVA and UVB rays can cause long-term skin damage and can lead to skin cancer.
- If you like to go in the sun, avoid doing so during peak hours, which is typically between 10am and 4pm.
Anti-Aging Tips for Your Skin
There is no “quick fix” to achieve younger looking skin. Instead, it is about gradual changes to your daily routine that can make a big difference in the long run. Some simple steps you can take towards anti-aging include:
- Use a gentler face wash
- Incorporate retinoids into your routine
- Upgrade your SPF routine
- Use a richer face cream
- Be careful about what you eat
- Consider supplements
- Exfoliate frequently
If you would like to go the extra mile for your skincare, Novopelle Med Spa also offers anti-aging treatments to help you take a few years off your skin and smooth out the appearance of wrinkles. We offer the following anti-aging treatments:
To learn more about our anti-aging treatments, call Novopelle Med Spa at or contact us online.